Promoting sustainability among the European tour operator sector through a business led approach
SUSTOUR aims to foster the capacities and skills of 175+ tour operators (SME’s) to implement training, management systems, standards and solutions, which will improve their sustainable management and performance and open up new market opportunities. SMEs from all EU countries will be invited to benefit from SUSTOUR. Focus countries include The Netherlands, Germany, Greece, Spain, Denmark and Croatia.
Travel agents and tour operators play a central role in the tourism industry. As intermediates between tourists and tourism businesses they can influence the choices of consumers, practices of suppliers and the development in destinations. Through their unique position they can make an important contribution to the protection of the environment and culture, and in promoting social and human rights standards.
PROJECT DURATION: 36 months (September 2020 – September 2023)
- European Centre for Eco and Agro Tourism (ECEAT), The Netherlands
- The European Travel Agents and Tour operator Associations (ECTAA), Belgium
- FUTOURIS, Germany
- The Netherlands Association of Tour operators (ANVR), The Netherlands
- Association of Finnish Travel Industry (SMAL), Finland
- Association of Croatian Travel Agencies (UHPA), Croatia
- Associaçao Portuguesa das Agencias de Viagens e Turismo (APAVT), Portugal