Since 2010 ECTAA has undertakenactivities to ensure the continued long term success of the package holiday by lobbying both governments and opinion makers on the benefits to consumers and other stakeholders of package holidays compared to other forms of holiday arrangements.
To accomplish the mission and objectives, ECTAA set up a destination & sustainability committee, with a view to:
- Liaise with governments of destinations regarding outbound tour operating issues;
- Facilitate the exchange of information of Member’s activities in key areas of operational delivery – crisis management, health and safety, sustainable tourism, promotion of best practices, etc.;
- Promote the positive and professional image of the industry in Europe and in overseas destination countries;
- Monitor all developments in legislation on health and safety directly affecting the Members’ businesses.
- Promote best environmental and sustainable management practices.